Now that we have had great success and a lot of fun at the Seattle Boat Show, it is time to have another wonderful meeting that will take us on a trip to a warmer sunny climate. Let’s forget the rain for an evening. It’s even been suggested it might be fun to dig out some tropical duds to wear that evening.
Our meeting for this Monday, February 17th ,is being presented by Diane Johnson and her husband Mark. They enjoyed a one-month trip through the tropics. They have a lot of great slides to share so the program may run over an hour. We are suggesting to you all that it’s just fine to get up and get some munchies during the talk. Let’s relax and have some fun.
Here are some highlights of their trip that you will experience.
- Rent Moorings 3800 catamaran sailboat (38′ Leopard), Diane & Mark, Tina & Randy, Jackie aboard.
- Sail for a week in Vava’u island group in Tonga, lovely anchorages, snorkel in coral reefs, explore pristine tropical islands, meet villagers.
- Meet many sailors who had crossed oceans, some single handed. See traditional wooden sailboats and men wearing sulus.
- In Suva, Fiji: Watch our friends Laura & Peter race Hobie 16s in World championship racing (while we were aboard the spectator boat).
- See part of rudder of “Bounty”, Captain Bligh’s large ship that had the mutiny.
- Near Nadi Fiji: Garden of the Sleeping Giant
- Share kava with Kavaholics rock band
- Vuda Point Marina, see sailboats in hurricane holes on land
- Snorkel in Savusavu Bay, Fiji with our friends Mick & Bunny….
- Stroll thru Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Islands Resort
- Kayak to island & visit yachties anchored in Savusavu harbor
- Explore Nukualofa, capital of Tonga, meet Tongan princess, see blowholes, flying foxes….
Mark your calendars to attend.
Vivian and Marilyn
Monday, February 17, 2014
7:00pm – till 9:00 pm or so
1900 N Northlake Way, #233
Seattle, WA 98103
We meet at the Northwest Marine Trade Association conference room,1900 N. Northlake Way, #233. Park at Fisheries Supply and go into the courtyard beside Fisheries Supply and up the stairs, turn right and we are the furthest door on the left.
(Located in the courtyard beside Fisheries Supply – UP THE STAIRS AND DOWN THE WALKWAY)
The Northwest Marine Trade Association has graciously welcomed our group of women in boating to use their office for our meetings. There’s great parking and it’s a comfortable and professional place to meet. Thank you Northwest Marine Trade Association for your support.
Bring an hors d oeuvre or something to drink if you desire.
Vivian Strolis -
Sign up to subscribe to blog: http://nwwb.wordpress.com/
Remember you can sign-up to crew or for crew.