Presented by Capt. Linda Lewis http://www.privateboatinginstruction.com
– How the most current marine chartplotters are revolutionizing user interface with hybrid touch and wireless connectability
– Cell vs wifi vs bluetooth connections on a boat – what’s the difference and why do we care?
– Using smartphones/tablets as a backup marine navigation instrument – the pros & cons; Still need dedicated marine electronics/paper charts
– “Apps” for electronic charting; route planning; SOG/COG; GPS testing; compass; cruising guides; anchor alarms; etc.
– Internet resources via your ‘smartstuff’ for information such as: weather forecast, current wind & sea conditions, tides, currents, moon phase, marina information
Capt. Linda Lewis – USCG 100-Ton Master – Private Boating Instruction LLC