Northwest Women in Boating provides programs year around and never asks for money, but we ask for your support once a year. It is important for our future that we step up to volunteer for shifts at the Knot A Boat booth at the Seattle Boat Show that runs from Jan 25th to Feb 2nd.
The Northwest Marine Trade Association allows us to use their comfortable and convenient conference room for our meetings all year. Making Knot A Boat available as an interactive booth at the boat show is our way of giving back. All shifts MUST be covered. It’s fun, you don’t have to be a knot whiz (you can learn while sharing the experience with others).
Please look at the schedule and find a day/time that can work for you.
How to sign up for a volunteer shift for Knot-a-Boat:
- Click this Doodle link: https://doodle.com/poll/m3nc8svvqxckc95a
- Click “+” at the top of the left side column to add your name to the list (if it’s not already there)
- The time/date for each shift is across the top. Click the shifts you want. There will be 2 women per shift.
- Then fill in your email address and cell phone number so Margaret can contact you.
- The Doodle will be open until Thursday, January 17 for you to sign up. Please sign up as soon as possible!
- If you need to make changes before the 17th, just click the blue pencil icon next to your name in the left hand column.
Here is the Knot A Boat Booth
· You’ll get a ticket to enter the boat show and one to share for each shift you sign up for. You can pick the tickets up at the NWWB meeting on January 21, or they will be waiting for you at the boat show at Will Call.members
· It’s fun and social! You get to meet lots of boaters, and get to know other NWWB gals
. It’s a way to give back to NMTA, for providing the room for our meetings
· You help the boating community by teaching basic knots to new boaters
· You get to practice your knots, and learn new ones from others!
· Don’t worry if you don’t know a lot of knots! You can learn/refresh here: https://seattleonthewater.com/knots-%26-line-handling Also, we’ll practice the basics in January’s meeting. Finally, there’s ALWAYS lots of guys that come up to the booth who are interested in teaching you a knot THEY know… sometimes all you need to do is be a student!
· Do you have a woman boater friend that wants to volunteer with you? Great! Sign her up!
· We do limit volunteers to women for most days, but we welcome any husbands/men friends that would like to volunteer to cover on Women’s Day, Monday January 28 so the women can participate in all the great events!