Gals, please give this some serious thought…
The Seattle Boat Show is coming up in January and we know you all agree it’s important to put a female face behind boating expertise; to change perceptions and let the boating world in on all the valuable knowledge women on the water have to offer.
The Northwest Marine Trade Association has just put out a call for seminar presenters at the 2020 boat show. During recent years gals from our organization, who hadn’t thought of doing a presentation before, have stepped up, given a talk at the boat show and really enjoyed the experience. The pluses are: new faces and new knowledge and experiences have been offered to the Northwest Boating community. And, these women have grown through the experience and even saw themselves and their experiences or expertise in new ways. If the idea interests you but you aren’t sure, email us and we’ll connect you with a gal from our organization who presented for the first time at last year’s boat show. She really enjoyed the experience and she can tell you what it’s like.
The dates for the Show are Friday, January 24 – Saturday, February 1, 2020. Here is the link to apply to present a seminar or give a talk:
Below is the information sent by the Alashia Wartelle at the Northwest Marine Trade Association
Seminar Applications are due Friday October 11, 2019.
Please know we receive more applications than we have space for each year. We are not always able to accommodate all speakers, topics and preferred speaking times- but we do our best! Priority goes to NMTA members, along with topic/ speaker expertise and anticipated seminar attendance
Based on the 2019 seminar surveys here is a list of topics our attendees would like to see at the 2020 show:
- Electronics (Radar, AIS, Navionics etc)
- General boating maintenance topics
- Options for transporting your boat
- Chart plotting
- Diesel/ engine repair and maintenance
- Seasickness prevention
- Hands-on seminars – any topic!
- Preparing to cruise to Alaska
- Customs/ border crossing
- Internet options and new apps for boaters
- Top destinations for boaters in the Pacific Northwest accessible by boat
- Anchoring and Docking techniques
- Scuba Diving
- Doggy on Deck – Cruising with your dog of other pets. Thursday 1/30 will be a dog friendly day at the Seattle Boat Show, and we’d like a few boating & pet related seminars.
- We are open to other topics too! We appreciate your willingness to share your boating expertise with our attendees.
**The seminars are an extremely important part of our show. Our attendees are looking for new presentations and fresh content. Seminar repeats from past years will be limited and are asked to have title and description updates.