Tickets are still available for the South Sound Women’s Boating Seminar on Saturday, May 20th at the Olympia Yacht Club!
The theme this year is ‘Chart Your Own Course.’ Presentations by experienced women captains will include:
- Understanding Weather on the Water with Capt. Karen Sullivan
- Finding Yourself on the Water: Navigation Essentials with Capt. Mary Campbell
- Docking Your Boat with Capt. Ace Spragg
- Keeping the Lights On: Boat 12V Systems with Capt. Allison Mazon
- Panel discussion of Favorite Cruising Locations
Our popular Hands-On Fair will offer more opportunities to explore charting, boat circuitry, galley provisioning, knot tying, canvas repair and more.
The seminar welcomes power boaters as well as sailors. The novice can build a solid foundation; while more experienced boaters can deepen their knowledge and strengthen essential skills. Past participants report that they gained critical information and techniques to feel safer and more confident on the water.
We’re also proud to support the next generation of women boaters through a raffle to fund scholarships for “Girls at the Helm” aboard the historic schooner Adventuress. Raffle prizes include baskets of boating gear, professional survey and maintenance services, and captain’s license instruction.
Register now for the seminar at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2803493 – “South Sound Women’s Boating Seminar.” Early registration is $45 by April 30, $50 after April 30. Includes parking and lunch!
Register separately for three optional opportunities to practice on May 21
- Docking your own boat with Capt. Ace Spragg: $50. Ace will meet you (and your crew, male or female) at the dock for a 75-minute session on your own boat, practicing docking in real life. Sessions will be scheduled at 9:30, 11:00, 13:00, 14:30, and 16:00
- Anchoring your own boat with Capt. Mary Campbell: $50. Mary will meet you (and your crew, male or female) at the dock for a 90-minute session on your own boat, practicing anchoring in real life. Sessions will be scheduled at 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, and 16:00.
- Introduction to sailing with Capt. Mary Fitzgerald: $55. Bring your bag lunch and your windbreaker for a day on the water on a keelboat. You’ll learn the basics of raising and trimming sails as you glide across Budd Inlet. 09:00 – 15:00.
Register for these three practicum events at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2858855 -“2017 South Sound Women’s Boating Practicum”
Questions? Contact email@example.com.